A thank you note is intended to convey gratitude towards the receiving party but conveying gratitude through words can often be a daunting task. Finding the right combination of words and phrases can be a difficult task. Particularly for events such as weddings or birthdays, writing potentially dozens of unique cards can be quite the challenge. The following list has been compiled to assist you in creating the perfect thank you card. Find the right quotes, sayings and sentiments to eloquently craft a special thank you card. Show your gratitude with ease using some of our thank you note messages or use this list as inspiration to develop your own creative twist to fit any occasion.
If you want to jump ahead to a specific category, we invite you to look at the links below:
- Messages for Wedding Thank You Cards
- Baby Shower Thank You Cards Wording Ideas
- Example Thank You Notes for Teachers
- Graduation Thank You Card Messages
- Funeral Thank You Cards Messages Ideas
- Sample Messages for Thanking a Friend
- Thank You Note to Boss
- How to Write a Thank You Card With Smilebox
Messages for Wedding Thank You Cards
Depending on the size of your wedding, you may have hundreds of guests to thank for gifts to begin your new life as a married couple. Each person has a different connection to you, and you want to ensure they feel their generous gift was appreciated.
Thank you for attending:
- Thank you for attending our wedding!
- Your presence on our special day was greatly appreciated!
- We were so happy you could make it.
- It was so special to us that you were able to attend.
- The day would not have been the same without you
For those who were a part of the wedding (Bridesmaids, Groomsmen, etc.)
- Thank you for all your hard work to make this day possible.
- Having you at our wedding meant so much to us.
- We were so glad that you could share this special day with us.
- Our special day would not have been the same without your involvement.
- Your gift was very generous and so appreciated.
- Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift.
- We were so happy to receive your gift and we look forward to using it.
After thanking someone for their gift, try to include an example about how you will use it and how much that means to you.
Closing it out:
- We feel very lucky to have you in our lives.
- The next time you are in town, please stop by!
- We cannot thank you enough for your kindness
Baby Shower Thank You Cards Wording Ideas
Pregnancy and the prospect of child-rearing is a stressful time and a baby shower can provide you with all the necessary products to get started. A baby shower is often attended by the closest of friends, those who are truly happy to see the beginning of a new chapter of your life. Show them how much their support means with a well-crafted thank you card.
- Thank you for not only attending my baby shower but for the continued support you continue to give me
- I am so lucky to have such generous friends to help welcome my child into the world.
- Thank you for making my baby shower an extra special day – it would not have been the same without you.
- Your presence on this special day was greatly appreciated, and your kind gift will be very helpful in the days to come.
- The generous gift will be perfect for [situation]!
- I am extremely blessed to have generous friends like you. Thank you for throwing a phenomenal baby shower and for the thoughtful gift.
Our educators today give their time and effort to ensuring the development of our children. Everyone knows a special teacher who went above and beyond in their job and gave more than expected. Find the perfect words to thank the person looking out for you or your child’s future and show them how much their efforts mean.
- Thank you for fostering a positive learning environment for my child(ren).
- You are a gift to all your students, most of all my (name).
- (Name) is a far better student thanks to the time and effort you put into helping him.
- Your efforts as an educator are far from unnoticed. You make every day more fun for your students.
- Your time and dedication are unparalleled, and we appreciate all the work that you do.
- (Name) has come so far in their education this year thanks to your involvement.
- You embody every characteristic of a good teacher.
- You shine far above any teacher (name) has ever had.
Graduation Thank You Card Messages
Often, gifts for graduation come from people who watched you grow from a small child into an accomplished scholar. Their gifts are given to show they are proud of your accomplishments, and you thank you should show how much you have appreciated their support throughout the years.
Cash Gifts (most often given for Graduation):
- Thank you so much for your generous gift, it will certainly help with all the expenses of college!
- Thank you so much for your gift, I promise I won’t spend it all on pizza!
- Your support throughout the years has been invaluable.
- I want to thank you not only for the gift but for the support and pride you have shown for me.
- Thank you so much for the kind gift! I will certainly be able to put it to use at school!
- Thank you so much for the [gift]! It will be most handy [situation]
- Your kind gift is greatly appreciated, and I also thank you for the years of support you have given me
Funeral Thank You Cards Messages Ideas
Gifts such as flowers or cards offering condolences are common after a funeral, and properly thanking the giver can be difficult during a time of grieving. Many thank you notes are also sent as a thank you for helping remember the legacy of a lost loved one. A simple thank you message is enough to ensure that the giver knows you appreciate their condolences during a difficult time.
- The past months have been very difficult, and your gift and support are greatly appreciated
- Your warmth and hospitality have made a trying time slightly less so.
- Your words were a comfort, and the flowers were a generous and kind gesture.
- Thank you so much for attending [name]’s funeral. It meant so much to our family.
- We appreciate your attendance at the celebration of [name]’s life. You meant so much to them, and it would mean the world to them that you were able to be there.
Sample Messages for Thanking a Friend
Friendship is congruent with happiness, and the kind actions of a friend can be just what you need. Whether you are in a money pinch or your car needs a jump on a cold morning, a friend could be there for you. Show them what their friendship means with a simple message of thanks.
- Thank you for being you!
- I am blessed to have such a thoughtful and caring friend.
- I appreciate everything that you have done for me over the years.
- Your friendship means the world to me. Here’s to many more years!
- I am humbled and grateful to consider you a friend.
The stereotype of a bad boss is far too overused, as many of us foster positive working relationships with our direct superiors. Our boss is the person who has our back at work, nominates us for promotions and generally assists us in our day to day jobs. Show them how grateful you are for any occasion, whether it be helping you get that pay raise or for having your back at the most recent staff meeting.
- I wanted to thank you for being a mentor and a leader. Having someone who leads from the front is invaluable.
- Your leadership and encouraging attitude foster a work environment that I am excited to come to every day.
- Working here would not be the same without you as my manager.
- I would like to express my profound gratitude for your support throughout the years.
- True leaders are rare to find, and I am so grateful that I have had the pleasure of working for you all these years.
- The entire team would like to express their gratitude for all the hard work you do to make our jobs and our lives better.
- Thank you for your constant support and inspiration even on the busiest of days.
How to Write a Thank You Card With Smilebox
Creating a beautiful eCard is a simple and stress-free process thanks to Smilebox’s intuitive card maker. Follow the steps below to create the perfect thank you card for any occasion.
- Step 1: Make an account with Smilebox and select the “thank you” category.
- Step 2: Choose a template from the hundreds of available options.
- Step 3: After selecting “Personalize” add photos and text to create a truly unique card.
- Step 4: Email the card to the desired recipient or print it out for hand delivery or mail.
The Smilebox card maker is a free and intuitive tool that makes the entire process easy and simple. Should you be unsatisfied with the final product, you can simply restart until you create the perfect card!
Technology has changed the way in which we communicate with others around us. Sometimes, a simple “thank you” text can seem the appropriate response. However, in an age when a personal connection has been limited give a thank you card with a personal touch. For any occasion, even just a “thank you for being you” head over to Smilebox to create the perfect thank you card for anyone and anything. Also, check out the get-well card maker – the perfect card to let someone know you are thinking about them during a difficult time.