With graduation season fast approaching, you may have many friends and family set to graduate from high school and college in the coming months. Congratulate your loved ones and let them know you are proud of them with a perfectly crafted graduation message. Some struggle with what to write in a graduation card, so use this helpful guide to get the words across and ensure that someone knows how proud of them you are. For any person in your life, create cards that are funny or formal, original and congratulatory messages.
- Formal Graduation Messages
- Funny Graduation Messages
- Congratulation Messages for High School Graduates
- Congratulatory Messages for College Graduates
- Graduation Wishes for a Friend
- Graduation Wishes for a Family Member
- Graduation Card Thank You Messages
- Write a Graduation Greeting Card With Smilebox
Formal Graduation Messages
Often, a formal message is the simplest and most efficient way to let someone know how proud of them you are. A formal message is ideal for those who you consider being an acquaintance or those who you are less familiar with. Below are some suggested on how to create a formal graduation card.
- Congratulations on your well-deserved success.
- Congratulations on your accomplishments and we wish you luck in the future.
- We wish you luck in all your future endeavors and congratulate you on your great success.
- We are proud to share in the excitement of your graduation.
- Congratulations today and best wishes going forward.
- Sending warm congratulations and good look at [school].
- Our warmest thoughts and highest hopes are with you as you celebrate your graduation.
- Always remember, there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- It took so much hard work to accomplish this goal – feel proud of yourself for what you’ve accomplished, I know I do.
Funny Graduation Messages
Humor is always a valuable tool when writing a card for someone you care about. Make them laugh with inside jokes, shared humor or humor surrounding school and graduation. Here are some great options to make your graduation card humorous and memorable.
- Good looks and brains? Congratulations on putting the rest of us to shame!
- We are so proud of your transition to college, even if you are going to be a [school mascot] (for rival schools).
- College may have felt like the hardest mountain to summit, but don’t worry, real life is harder.
- Best of luck over the next four years…or five or six or seven.
- If you can do it, anyone can! Just kidding, congratulations on the fruits of all your hard work.
- Congratulations on earning a piece of paper with no material value that will allow you to earn other pieces of paper that also only have the value of which we assign them.
- Well, that was faster than I expected!
- Congratulations on finishing the easiest part of your life!
Congratulation Messages for High School Graduates
High school graduation is a right of passage for almost all teenagers and can be one of the happiest and times of a person’s life. Complement this time of hope for the future with the perfect card for a recent high school graduate.
- Best of luck with college, we have no doubt that you will be just as successful!
- [School] is gaining another bright mind!
- We remember when you were just starting elementary school! Best of luck as you move onto college!
- We look forward to hearing about your accomplishments in college! Keep in touch!
- We wish you all the best of luck and good times in college. Enjoy it while you can!
Congratulatory Messages for College Graduates
Graduating college is no small feat, requiring years of tireless effort and dedication. Let the recent college grad how proud of them you are, and how important their achievement is to you and to society at large. Check out some of these well-crafted messages to congratulate the latest baccalaureate.
- 16 years of schooling have all led to this moment! We applaud your dedication and devotion.
- Congratulations on years of hard work. We hope that your future is as bright as you are.
- Education is one of the most important things that someone can gain – don’t stop learning now!
- We wish you the best of luck as you move into the real world and congratulate you on completing such a valuable program.
- The world has its newest [profession]! Congratulations!
Graduation Wishes for a Friend
Through any struggle in life, the support of a friend is one of the most important things a person can have. Show your friends you have their back and are proud of their accomplishments with some easy graduation wishes.
- I am so proud of all that you have achieved and cannot wait to see what you continue to achieve.
- Congratulations on your enormous achievement, I know that we are all so proud of you.
- Your hard work and dedication have finally paid off! Let’s celebrate!
- Watching you receive your diploma is one of the proudest moments of my life! I am so lucky to have such a smart friend like you!
Graduation Wishes for a Family Member
Creating a graduation card for a family member should convey your love and your pride in their accomplishments. If you cannot find the right words to encompass the feelings you have for them, check out some of these wishes for inspiration!
- You have made the whole family proud of your hard work and dedication.
- I am so blessed to be related to someone so smart! Congratulations on your fantastic achievement.
- My immense congratulations to my smart and kind [family member].
- Watching you grow up was a joy, and now seeing you graduate is even better!
- This is another in a long line of great memories I will have of you. Congratulations on your achievement!
Graduation Card Thank You Messages
As a recent graduate, you will most likely be receiving many graduation wishes of your own as well as gifts that accompany them. Find the right way to display your thanks and appreciation for their support with some of these thank you messages. For more information on what to write in a thank you note, check out our article here.
- Thank you so much for all of your support throughout the years!
- I could not have made it this far without you!
- Thank you for the kind wishes – I am very excited to be moving on to the next chapter in my life.
- Thank you so much for attending my graduation! It meant the world to me that you could be there.
- My most sincere thanks for the well wishes.
- I greatly appreciate the kind wishes and gifts, I am so happy to have someone to be proud of me.
- It was great to see you at my graduation party! Thank you so much for coming.
How to Write a Graduation Greeting Card With Smilebox
Creating a graduation card with Smilebox is simple and easy. Follow the steps below and include some of the suggested messages and you will have a beautiful card perfect for the recent graduate.
- Step 1 – Pick a template – Choose from hundreds of available color schemes and designs.
- Step 2 – Pick images – if announcing graduation, choose a great senior photo. If sending congratulations, look for a favorite picture of the person.
- Step 3 – Customize – add graphics, text and more images to personalize the card.
- Step 4 – Share – Email, text or print the card to send them to the intended recipients
Head over to Smilebox today and get started on creating your very own graduation card. Letting someone know you care about them and congratulating them for their accomplishments can make their day. With Smilebox, you can ensure the message feels personal and unique.