Mother’s Day is one of those holidays that is special in everyone’s hearts. It’s the day that we celebrate our love for our mothers and how much they’ve done for us. Mother’s Day was created for you to show your appreciation and gratitude for all that she’s done for you.
It can also be a time where many people don’t know exactly what words to put in the card. Don’t worry, we have you covered. This card is the perfect opportunity to give a shout-out to your mom in a special and memorable way that she’ll cherish.
We’ve created a list to help you with some creative ways to make the perfect card for your mother. Our list includes Mother’s Day card sayings that are perfect for anyone to use. We’ll have you on your way to designing a thoughtful and classy Mother’s Day card in only a few minutes!
- General Mother’s Day Card Sayings
- Funny Mother’s Day Messages
- Mother’s Day Messages to Wife
- Mother-in-Law Mother’s Day Messages
- Mother’s Day Message for Grandma
- Mother’s Day Message for Moms-to-be
- Mother’s Day Message for a 1st Mother’s Day
- How to Write a Mother’s Day Card with Smilebox
General Mother’s Day Wishes
These are a great choice for those of you who want a simple, yet thoughtful way to express your love to your mother. These sayings are beautiful, thoughtful, and show the gratitude that she deserves.
- Mom… You’re the best! Thanks for all you do. Happy Mother’s Day!
- There’s nothing like a mother’s love to give us all the strength we need to succeed. Thanks for everything, Mom.
- May your Mother’s Day be filled with as much happiness as you brought to my childhood.
- Thank you for all that you’ve done for me, Mom. You’re an amazing person and I’m lucky to have you as a mother.
- Wishing you a fabulous Mother’s Day! You’re the best mom I could have asked for.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the greatest mom I could ever have asked for.
- We hope you have an amazing Mother’s Day, Mom, and that you feel truly appreciated on your special day.
- “Thank you for laughing with us in the best of times and sticking with us through the worst of times! What would we do without you?”
Funny Mother’s Day Messages
You may have a mom that appreciates a good sense of humor. She’ll get a kick out of some of these tongue-in-cheek sayings.
These funny Mother’s Day messages are a great way to get her smiling on her special day and show that you remember how to make her laugh, no matter how much of a pain you might have been.
- “To Mom, with love, from your favorite child.”
- “Thank you for being the only Mother in the world who would love a crazy child like me.”
- “I wanted to get you something special this Mother’s Day, so I decided to give you some peace and quiet.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day, and thank you for your service. We salute you.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day! We wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you. Literally.”
- Mom, I love you, even though I’ll never accept your friend request.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! (And while I have you, quick apologies for ages 13-21.)
- Every day I wake up and think: How on Earth did I become this much like my mother?
- Happy Mother’s Day to the one person who believes I could do anything despite all the evidence to the contrary.
Mother’s Day Messages to Wife
While we always think of our own mothers first on this day, we should remember that there are others close to us that are celebrating this day. One of these special women is our wife or the mother of our children.
The next list has some great examples you can use to surprise her and make her happy on her special day. Whether you have a newborn or your kids are all grown up, you’ll find the perfect saying on this list. Use the ones that you like the most.
- “You are the Queen of my heart and also the Queen of our home. I love you with all my heart and I wish you the best on this Mother’s Day and I thank you for giving me such a beautiful daughter.”
- Happy Mother’s Day. A dearer wife there never was nor a better mother. I love you.
- Happy Mother’s Day To My Darling Wife. You are so beautiful and kind. Your love is the light of our family.
- “Though we could not be together you have always been an amazing mom to our children, and I will always be proud of you for that…. Happy Mother’s Day to you.”
- Happy Mother’s Day! You are the most incredible wife a man could hope for, and the most amazing mother ever! Our family is beyond lucky to be loved by you.
- Loving happy Mother’s Day wishes for my sweet wife. Let the newborn son bring endless love and happiness in your life and you share the motherly bond with deep affection.
- Strong and independent children are a reflection of the character, strength, hard work of their parents…. And our children are amazing because they have the best mother in the world who is their role model….. Happy Mother’s Day to my awesome wife.
Mother-in-Law Mother’s Day Messages
This one can be a bit trickier for some people to write, however, it doesn’t have to be that way. Mothers-in-law are special too and deserve just as much appreciation as our own.
Use one of these sayings below to make it easier when you write your card. As you’re writing your card, you may be wanting something more to personalize your Mother’s Day card. Head over to our Mother’s Day slideshow maker and check out the awesome ways you can personalize your card and make her feel even more special!
- You are not only a mother in law but a mother in my heart.
- You’ve always treated me like a [son/daughter] and I’ve come to love you like a mother.
- Wishing the very best mother-in-law the very best Mother’s Day.
- Happy Mother’s Day to someone who is truly like a mother to me.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my “other mother.” How lucky I am to have two great moms in my life.
- You’re not just my mother-in-law—you’re someone I’ve grown to appreciate and love.
- Let’s just drop the “in-law” part. Love you, Mom!
- Hoping all the love you give comes back to you tenfold today.
Mother’s Day Message for Grandma
We cannot forget about the mother of our very own mother. Grandmothers may be older, but they are still sweet, caring and full of love. They deserve to be treated special.
If you are still figuring out what to say in a Mother’s Day card for grandma, look no further. She will appreciate your card no matter which sayings your choose.
- I’m thankful to have you as a role-model. You have created a legacy that I plan to continue even with my grandchildren.
- I learn from you every time I am with you. I enjoy hearing your stories and watching you to see how you handle different situations.
- Thanks to your unconditional love, I have shared many happy Moments by your side, so you have a very important place in my heart. Dear Grandma, I wish you a happy Mother’s Day.
- God has blessed me with a wonderful Mother and best of all, she was raised by a wonderful Mother as well, and that is you, dear GrandMother.
- I owe you much of what I am and I want you to spend a Happy Mother’s Day.
- You listen, support, and encourage me. What else could I ever want or need from a grandmother?
- Grandmothers like you are not to be taken for granted. I am thankful for having you in my life.
- You always go above and beyond to make everyone comfortable and to feel loved. It’s just a gift that you have inside of you! Happy Mother’s Day, Grandmom!
Mother’s Day Message for Moms-to-be
Not every mother is officially a mother yet. That doesn’t mean you can’t send Mother’s Day wishes for that important mom-to-be! Let her know you are thinking about her.
- Happy Mother’s Day to our favorite mom-to-be with lots of love and anticipation.
- No other gift in the world will be more special than the gift of motherhood. You’re going to be a great mom! Wishing you a happy Mother’s Day.
- You have an incredible spirit, nurturing character, and a beautiful soul. You will be an awesome mother!
- The gift of motherhood is precious and exciting. May you be blessed in your future as a mother and have many cherished moments. Happy Mother’s Day!
- May you be showered with love! Congratulations!
- Wishing My Lovely Wife, a Very Happy Mom-to-Be Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day Message for a 1st Mother’s Day
Wishing someone their first Mother’s Day is an important moment. The first year can be especially difficult during those sleepless nights and emotional times. Use one of these sayings to keep her encouraged during these times and let her know how appreciated she is.
- On your first Mother’s Day, take time to celebrate where you are today and how much you have to look forward to in the future.
- Being a mom for the first time is wonderful. You have been blessed with an incredible experience that will last a lifetime. I wish you congratulations on your first Mother’s Day.
- Somehow, when you became a mom, you became even more beautiful. I love you.
- We love you so much and the wonderful little family you’ve made
- Your baby is so freaking lucky to have you as his/her mama. Happy First Mother’s Day!
- I don’t know what I did to deserve you and our awesome kid.
- Watching you become a mother has brought us tremendous joy.
- I knew you’d be a great Mommy because you’re such a great sister/friend
How to Write a Mother’s Day Card with Smilebox
If you were wondering what to say in a Mother’s Day card before today, you ought to have plenty of ideas in your head now! Making that special card has never been easier with Smilebox. We give you the option to create an online Mother’s Day card with our customized card maker! Smilebox has developed the perfect platform to create, customize and send out heartfelt Mother’s Day wishes. Stop on over at Smilebox to learn more.