A tea party is not just another party, it’s perceived as sophisticated, almost royal, occasion. throwing such a party will allow you to showcase your hospitality and catering skills to all of your guests. Skip the fancy hotel afternoon teas, grab your teapots, make your cucumber sandwiches and get baking. In this article, we have collated some suggested wording that you could use to invite guests to your swanky tea party.
Casual tea party invitation wording
You want to keep your tea party elegant, but don’t want to go too formal. From baby showers to bridal parties, here are some ideas for that perfect invite that will keep things casual:
- Join us for a par-tea and shower in honor of [mom-to-be name].
- Much more than just tea at our special Sip & See honoring our mom-to-be [name].
- The table is set for a Tea Party honoring [name] given by her bridesmaids.
- You are invited to a Lavender tea party.
- A delicious thyme and lavender quiche will be served. Please wear your prettiest lavender-colored clothes.
- Please join us for a Bridal Shower Tea. Celebrate with our elegant bride-to-be over tea and crumpets. Cocktail attire. Hosted by the Maid of Honor, [name].
Formal tea party invitation wording
Holding your own tea party event presents the opportunity to create the ultimate chic, Victorian-style occasion. Complete with finger food, doilies, silverware and tea strainers. Your guests will be impressed by your attention to detail and the sheer sophistication. Here’s how to invite them in the most formal of ways:
- [host name] requests the honor of your company for afternoon tea to celebrate [name’s] birthday.
- You are cordially invited to join us for afternoon tea to celebrate [name’s] birthday.
- [host name] would like to extend her cordial invitation to a [theme] Tea Party. Fine teas will be brewed, and delicate finger sandwiches shall be enjoyed. Formal dress. Please bring along your favorite teacup.
- [organization name] invites you and a guest to attend a Holiday High Tea.
- The [group name] requests the pleasure of your company for tea & crumpets.
- You are invited to a Garden Luncheon for [name].
Kid’s tea party invitation wording
Kids love a tea party, too. Children’s parties are a great way to celebrate a birthday or special occasion. It doesn’t take much imagination to add even more whimsiness and fun. How about cutting the sandwiches into fun shapes? Here are some suggestions for the invitation:
- Hickory Dickory Dock, put on a frilly frock. We will have cookies and tea for its six she will be… Join us for [name’s] 6th Birthday Tea.
- It’s a Tea Party. [name] is turning four, and there is nothing she wants more than to celebrate her birthday with her friends, so put on your hat & heels and let the party begin.
- Please join us for an afternoon tea in honor of our niece, [name].
- You are summoned to a Mad Hatter Tea Party in ONEderland to celebrate [name’s] first birthday.
These are just some snippets to give you some great ideas. Don’t forget to include the essential details like location, date, time and who to RSVP to.
Invitation design ideas
You’ve worked out what you want to say, but how are you going to present those ideas? A tea party is kitsch and whimsical. Perhaps your tea party invitation could reflect that. Here are some ideas on how to perfect the wording and present the invitation:
- Use catchphrases related to tea and coffee.
- Focus on how excited you are to be hosting the event.
- If your tea party has a theme, make sure the invitation reflects it.
- If you have any activities planned mention them or include some pictures.
- Shape your invitation like a teapot or cup.
- Enclose a single teabag of your favorite blend.
- Flowery imagery and script text fit with the theme perfectly.
- If sending your invitation online, how about including some animation?
- A map to the event location could make it easier for your guests to find their way around.
- Pictures of the delicious food you will be serving.
Now you know what you want to say, why not use Smilebox to create your tea party invitation. Suitable for any event, our online invitations combine style with ease in an elegant online experience. Useful features include RSVP tracking, event updates, and reminders. The process is quick, simple and we’re sure that you and your invitees will be thrilled with the outcome.