A funeral slideshow is an opportunity for remembrance of life and a somber occasion. Choosing the right song for such a presentation is a not an easy task. The occasion might be somber however, it also offers an opportunity to commemorate and celebrate the life of a loved one. The list compiled below provides an ample array of songs for a funeral, a memorial service, or a celebration of life slideshow.
Popular Funeral Songs
There are many songs out there that we often hear in everyday life, however, also offer a perfect balance between celebration and remembrance. Check out these songs, perfect for a memorial service slideshow.
- Tears in Heaven – Eric Clapton
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
- Calling All Angels – Train
- Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door – Bob Dylan
- Fire and Rain – John Taylor
- Country Roads – John Denver
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiw’ole
- Back Home Again – John Denver
These songs’ lyrics are seamlessly integrated above the photos of the joys of life, with family and friend, commemorating unforgettable memories times spent together.
Instrumental Funeral Songs
Instrumental songs can often provide a mellow backdrop for memorial slideshows. Such tunes can also serve as the background in memorial services and when combined with a commemorating slideshow add another dimension to such service. These are perfect for any funeral slideshow.
- Canon in D – Johann Pachelbel
- Islands in the Sky – Geoff Harvey
- Tears of Love – Audiocalm
- Amazing Grace (Instrumental)
- Time to Say Goodbye – Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman
- Adagio for Strings – Samuel Barber
Songs for Parents or Grandparents
Our grandparents and parents are the ones who laid down the foundations for our lives. Such meaningful and special people in our lives deserve special music. These songs help commemorate those special moments spent with them throughout their lives. Whether going fishing with dad, going to a baseball game with grandfather or spending fun days out with grandmother, such memories in your slideshow can be coupled with songs that are dedicated to relationships.
- Song for Dad – Keith Urban
- Dance With My Father – Luther Vandross
- Fathers and Daughters – Michael Bolton
- When I Get Where I’m Going – Brad Paisley
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
Love, a feeling like no other. The right love-themed song can serve as a perfect backdrop to remember the special relationship between spouses, partners and much more.
- I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
- The Way We Were – Barbara Streisand
- You Raise Me Up – Josh Groban
- Take My Breath Away – Berlin
- I’ll Be Seeing You – Billie Holliday
- Wind Beneath my Wings – Bette Midler
- Send in the Clowns – Judy Collins
- We’ll Meet Again – Vera Lynn
- I Will Remember You – Sarah McLachlan
- Smile – Nat King Cole
- The Prayer – Celine Dion and Josh Groban
- Amazing Grace – Carrie Underwood
- Remember Me – Mark Schultz
- Save a Place for Me – Matthew West
- I’ll Fly Away – Jim Reeves
- Just a Closer Walk with Thee – Five Blind Boys of Alabama
Songs for a Funeral Slideshow by Genre
Your loved one may have had a favorite genre of music, or maybe you just want to create a unique melodical feel to your slideshow. The songs below are good for any such purpose and are divided by genre.
- Hallelujah – Bon Jovi
- Stairway to Heaven – Led Zeppelin
- You’re my Best Friend – Queen
- So Far Away – Avenged Sevenfold
- See You on the Other Side – Ozzy Osbourne
- Blackbird – Paul McCartney
- Let it Be – Paul McCartney
- Morning Has Broken – Cat Stevens
- Go Rest High on That Mountain – Vince Gill
- Believe – Brooks and Dunn
- Remember When – Alan Jackson
- Temporary Home – Carrie Underwood
- God’s Will – Martina McBride
- You’re Gonna Miss This – Trace Adkins
- I’m Already There – Lonestar
- If Tomorrow Never Comes – Garth Brooks
Songs from Musicals
- Moon River – Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Someone to Watch Over Me – Oh Kay!
- Thank You For The Music – Mamma Mia
- Somewhere – Westside Story
- Who Can I Turn To – The Roar of the Greasepaint
- The Party’s Over – Bells are Ringing
- Slipped Away – Avril Lavigne
- Pictures of You – The Cure
- Beautiful Day – U2
- My Immortal – Evanescence
- Pictured Within – John Lord
Adding Music to Your Smilebox Memorial Slideshow
Smilebox offers a free and easy-to-use tool for creating memorial slideshows. All you have to do is create an account, and you are well on your way to creating your perfect slideshow.
If you have recently lost a friend or a loved one, a memorial slideshow offers a fantastic opportunity to combine images and music into unforgettable memories. The old cliché says that a picture is worth more than a thousand words, but an image can spark feelings and allow those remembering to relive some of the best times with their loved ones. By combining photos and music into a celebration-of-life slideshow, you are sure to commemorate your loved ones and create visual memories that will last forever. Login to Smilebox today to create your perfect memorial slideshow.