A funeral slideshow is an opportunity for remembrance of life and a somber occasion. Choosing the right song for this presentation is a difficult task, as the occasion may be somber, but the time is reserved to remember the life of the subject. The list compiled below should provide an ample array of songs for a funeral, memorial service, or celebration of life slideshow.
Popular Funeral Songs
There are many songs out there that many of us have heard in everyday scenarios but find the perfect balance between celebration and remembrance. Check out these songs perfect for a memorial service slideshow.
- Tears in Heaven – Eric Clapton
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
- Calling All Angels – Train
- Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door – Bob Dylan
- Fire and Rain – John Taylor
- Country Roads – John Denver
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiw’ole
- Back Home Again – John Denver
These songs are perfectly integrated over top of pictures of the joys of life, with family and friend remembering positive memories of their time together.
Instrumental Funeral Songs
Instrumental songs allow viewers to focus on the images on the slideshow itself and are also very useful for intros and closings. These songs can also play in the background of a voiceover or someone speaking at the memorial itself. They are simple and crisp, and perfect for any funeral slideshow.
- Canon in D – Johann Pachelbel
- Islands in the Sky – Geoff Harvey
- Tears of Love – Audiocalm
- Amazing Grace (Instrumental)
- Time to Say Goodbye – Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman
- Adagio for Strings – Samuel Barber
Songs for Parents or Grandparents
Images of a lost loved one with their children, spouses, parents or friends deserve specific music. Some songs embody the feelings that come with fishing with dad, days out with mom or time spent together as a family. These songs are perfect to play over sections of a slideshow dedicated to the relationships that your loved one treasured.
- Song for Dad – Keith Urban
- Dance With My Father – Luther Vandross
- Fathers and Daughters – Michael Bolton
- When I Get Where I’m Going – Brad Paisley
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
Love is one of the most special things that we have in this life. The right song can help to remember the special relationship between spouses and partners and fits well with the correct imagery.
- I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
- The Way We Were – Barbara Streisand
- You Raise Me Up – Josh Groban
- Take My Breath Away – Berlin
- I’ll Be Seeing You – Billie Holliday
- Wind Beneath my Wings – Bette Midler
- Send in the Clowns – Judy Collins
- We’ll Meet Again – Vera Lynn
- I Will Remember You – Sarah McLachlan
- Smile – Nat King Cole
- The Prayer – Celine Dion and Josh Groban
- Amazing Grace – Carrie Underwood
- Remember Me – Mark Schultz
- Save a Place for Me – Matthew West
- I’ll Fly Away – Jim Reeves
- Just a Closer Walk with Thee – Five Blind Boys of Alabama
Songs for a Funeral Slideshow by Genre
Your loved one may have had a favorite genre of music that they listened to, or you have an ideal feel you are attempting to achieve through the music. The songs below are good for any individual and are divided by genre.
- Hallelujah – Bon Jovi
- Stairway to Heaven – Led Zeppelin
- You’re my Best Friend – Queen
- So Far Away – Avenged Sevenfold
- See You on the Other Side – Ozzy Osbourne
- Blackbird – Paul McCartney
- Let it Be – Paul McCartney
- Morning Has Broken – Cat Stevens
- Go Rest High on That Mountain – Vince Gill
- Believe – Brooks and Dunn
- Remember When – Alan Jackson
- Temporary Home – Carrie Underwood
- God’s Will – Martina McBride
- You’re Gonna Miss This – Trace Adkins
- I’m Already There – Lonestar
- If Tomorrow Never Comes – Garth Brooks
Songs from Musicals
- Moon River – Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Someone to Watch Over Me – Oh Kay!
- Thank You For The Music – Mamma Mia
- Somewhere – Westside Story
- Who Can I Turn To – The Roar of the Greasepaint
- The Party’s Over – Bells are Ringing
- Slipped Away – Avril Lavigne
- Pictures of You – The Cure
- Beautiful Day – U2
- My Immortal – Evanescence
- Pictured Within – John Lord
Adding Music to Your Smilebox Memorial Slideshow
Smilebox offers a free and easy to use tool for creating memorial slideshows. All you have to do is create an account, and you are well on your way to creating a visually appealing slideshow.
If you have recently lost a friend or a loved one, a memorial slideshow is a fantastic opportunity to form memories into images. The old cliché says that a picture is worth more than a thousand words, but an image can spark feelings and allow those who remember a lost loved one to feel the same as they did during some of the best times with the loved one. By combining photos and appropriate music into a celebration of life slideshow, you are sure to remember your loved one as they deserve. Head over to Smilebox today to create your perfect memorial slideshow.