Writing a Christmas card can be a challenge—but it doesn’t have to be. Coming up with unique or thoughtful Christmas card sayings might not come easily when you are busy preparing for Xmas. So if you are looking for Christmas card messages and Christmas card quotes that are funny, religious in nature, or just interesting, you’ve come to the right place!
Our suggestions for what to write in a Christmas card can be applied to family, friends, your boss, teacher, and significant other. We have narrowed down the most popular and most meaningful messages around to make this Christmas card the easiest one you’ve ever written.
We have loads of Christmas card sayings categories for you – check them out below:
- Christmas Card Quotes
- Funny Christmas Card Sayings
- Religious Christmas Card Sayings
- Christmas Card Messages for Family
- Christmas Card Messages for Your Boyfriend
- Christmas Card Messages for the Boss
- Christmas Card Messages for Your Teachers
Christmas Card Quotes
The following Christmas card quotes are great for sending to friends and family. Add extra substance to your card with the wisdom from these famous figures.
- “Let the children have their night of fun and laughter, let the gifts of Father Christmas delight their play. Let us grown-ups share to the full in their unstinted pleasures.” – Sir Winston Churchill
- “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” – Andy Rooney
- “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “Christmas is joy, religious joy, an inner joy of light and peace.” – Pope Francis
- “I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another, it’s about the Christian ethic, it’s about kindness.” – Carrie Fisher
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” – Charles Dickens
- “When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things — not the great occasions — give off the greatest glow of happiness.” – Bob Hope
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” – Charles M. Schultz
Funny Christmas Card Sayings
Christmas card messages don’t have to be formal. Let your Xmas personality shine through with some of these funny Christmas card sayings.
- Let’s hope all your re-gifting will go undetected this year.
- Hallelujah! It’s that time of the year when calories don’t count. So go and have yourself a deliciously merry Christmas!
- Congratulations on making my Christmas card list. Play your cards right and you might get the same one next year!
- May your holidays be like Santa – fat, cheerful, and abundant!
- I hope your smiles will be just as big as your credit card bill this Christmas!
- Christmas is always a Claus for celebration!
- Being a Secret Santa is actually the only office secret that has ever been kept.
- I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on them saying, toys not included.
- Merry Christmas to all my jingle ladies!
- May your Christmas be filled with chocolates and prosecco!
Religious Christmas Card Sayings
Sometimes traditional Christmas card sayings are the best! These religious Christmas card messages will help friends and family rejoice with the true Xmas spirit.
- Joy to the world! The Lord is come! Wishing you every blessing this festive season!
- Christmas Day is a beautiful day, a day which is serene and lovely, a day to rejoice for He is born. Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you the beauty, blessings, and joy that this season brings.
- I wish you happiness and peace this Christmas, and a happy new year!
- Blessed is the one who remembers Jesus as their personal savior and follows His ways. Merry Christmas!
- Count your blessings, for this is a holy day. See what the Lord has done for you. Merry Christmas!
- May you find many reasons to thank and praise God during this festive season! Merry Christmas!
- Blessings to you as we remember the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior! Wishing you a season of blessings from heaven above.
- Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill towards men.
- Because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace.
Christmas Card Messages for Family
These Christmas card sayings for family can be sent by email or text message, included on your Facebook page, or written on a card. See their Christmas card message reaction in person when they open their gifts!
- I don’t need anything from Santa because I was blessed with such a wonderful family. Merry Christmas!
- Merry Christmas to the greatest parents ever. Thanks for filling my childhood with joy, cheer, and Christmas spirit.
- The only thing warmer than a fire on Christmas Day is a warm heart with family by your side. Merry Christmas, may it be a warm one!
- Christmas is a time for remembering family and trying to guess everyone’s sizes! Have a wonderful Christmas.
- The only presents that should matter on Christmas is the presence of family.
- May we feast on food and not gain a pound this Christmas; let’s hope that we’re on Santa’s good list! Merry Christmas!
- It’s the most blessed time of the year. It’s Christmas. It’s the time when the family gets back together again. Merry Christmas to the best family I could ever have!
- There is nothing more magical than family, presents, lights, and decorated trees. Happy to be with you this Christmas time!
- My happiest Christmas reminiscences are with you. Merry Christmas!
- On this joyful occasion of Christmas, I really want to thank Jesus for blessing me with such a wonderful family! Merry Christmas!
- Like the twinkling lights of the Christmas trees, may God bless our family this Christmas Eve.
Christmas Card Messages for Your Boyfriend
Wondering what to write in a Christmas card for your boyfriend? From romantic to corny, check out these Christmas card messages to send to your significant other on Xmas.
- You are one of a kind. You are the brightest star in my universe. I wish you a wonderful Christmas season full of love and joy!
- Like lights on a Christmas tree, you light up my life. Merry Christmas! You help to make each day brighter!
- May your Christmas be filled with wonderful surprises, a blanket of snow, and plenty of kisses and hugs under the mistletoe!
- We go together like hot chocolate and marshmallows. Merry Christmas! You sweeten up my life!
- Tinsel makes a Christmas tree sparkle, and you are the sparkle of my eye. Merry Christmas to my one and only!
- You are my Christmas dream come true. I love you more than I can ever express. Have a wonderful Christmas, darling!
- You are the most wonderful part of my life -whether it’s Christmas or any other time of year!
- As a kid I was always excited to see Santa Claus. But now I’m just excited to see you. And you don’t even have to bring me any presents!
- No matter how cold and snowy this holiday season gets, I’ll always be warm when I’m with you! Merry Christmas!
- Before I met you, I felt like the grumpy Grinch. But now that we are together, I feel my heart is bursting at the seams! Merry Christmas!
- Can I get a picture of you so that I can show Santa what I want for Christmas?
Christmas Card Messages for the Boss
Christmas card sayings can even apply to your boss, if you’re lucky enough to have a good one. Boost your business potential with these workplace Christmas card sayings.
- Thank you for all your cooperation and guidance all this year. I extend my warm wishes to you and your family on Christmas. May all of your wishes come true and may you have a wonderful year ahead. Merry Christmas.
- Your leadership style inspires me and I hope that our organization grows to a new height through your efficient guidance. I feel blessed to work with you. Happy Christmas
- Workloads come and go. Clients come and go. Monthly business targets come and go. Even Christmas comes once a year. But a boss like you comes once in a lifetime. Merry Christmas to the best boss in the whole world.
- I pray that God is very generous to you this year because you’ve been nothing but good to us, all year long. Merry Christmas from your happy employees to you.
- Have an amazing Christmas packed with joy and laughter. Thank you for being a great source of blessing and inspiration to us.
- My warmest wishes to you this Christmas. Hoping it is as brilliant as you are to every single employee of yours.
Christmas Card Messages for Your Teachers
Get an A with these Christmas card sayings specifically written for teachers. Even if you’re not the top of the class, your teacher will still love to get one of these Christmas card messages.
- You are the best teacher in the world. Wherever I may go in life, I will always remember that I had an excellent guide in the form of you, my teacher.
- If you ever think that your job as a teacher goes unappreciated, I want to use this Christmas card to tell you that you inspire me every day.
- At first, I was so afraid of taking your class, but you made learning more fun than I imagined. Thank you and Merry Christmas.
- As a teacher, you taught me math, but as a person, you’ve set an example for how to live a respectable life. Thank you and Merry Christmas.
- Jingle bells, jingle bells, teacher gets an “A.” You taught me well, parents’ pride will swell — lots of gifts for Christmas Day!
- You are not only our teacher. You are our friend, philosopher, and guide, all molded into one person. We will always be grateful for your support. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- My parents said they told Santa what a good student I’ve been this year. I think it’s because you’re such a good teacher.
- Merry Christmas, teacher. I’m sorry if I was a little bit bad this year. You don’t know Santa, do you?
How to Write a Christmas Card
Now that you have your Christmas card message or Christmas card quotes selected, it’s time to put pen to paper! Well, actually, with Smilebox, it gets a whole lot easier.
Smilebox Christmas Card Maker is a super-simple way to create and customize beautiful and meaningful Christmas cards for family and friends. Just click the link to get started, and within minutes, you can have a fantastic Christmas card, personalized with your Christmas card saying and design, ready to send or print. You can even expand your creative horizons with our Christmas slideshow maker or Christmas invitation maker, both with specific Christmas themes.