Wondering what to write on Halloween greeting cards? It’s yet another thing to take care of, after buying costumes, assembling trick or treat bags, decorating the house… it’s enough to scare away the most determined Halloween fan. But wait – a cure for the curse of Halloween toil and trouble is at hand! We’ve collected a witch’s brew of top Halloween card ideas for you to peruse, and what’s more, we’ve got the best holiday card maker to save you time and effort.
Funny Halloween Sayings for Cards
Ghoulish smiles will be the result when these funny Halloween card messages are read. If you send paper copies, don’t forget to include a few sweets to make your Halloween wishes even more enjoyable!
- Happy Halloween from your fiend
- Trick or treat, bags of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.
- Halloween is the only day you can take candy from strangers.
- You totally rock, GHOULFRIEND.
- I can’t stop falling in love with boooooo.
Choose from one of these frighteningly good Halloween texts, then copy and paste them onto a suitably scary card. You might even print a bunch to give out along with your trick or treat bags to your creepiest Halloween candy customers.
- I hope you have a killer day this Halloween.
- I witch you a happy Halloween. I hope it doesn’t suck like a vampire.
- This letter is sealed with a vampire kiss and bite.
- When Halloween is here the monsters appear and the candies disappear.
- I am guilty of eating candy in cold blood.
Halloween Greeting Card Quotes
Some historical figures and celebrities have left famously haunting quotes behind them. Putting these notable Halloween notes in your eCards will make for a high-class yet still horrifying approach to the merriment.
- “Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and caldron bubble.”
– From Shakespeare’s Macbeth
- “It’s as much fun to scare as to be scared.”
– Vincent Price
- “Alone. Yes, that’s the key word, the most awful word in the English tongue. Murder doesn’t hold a candle to it and hell is only a poor synonym.”
― Stephen King
- “Men fear death as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased with tales, so is the other.”
– Sir Francis Bacon
- “There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionate of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.”
– Joseph Conrad
Halloween Invitation Cards
Make your fright night party all the more terrifying with a Halloween invitation. If you have a specific theme, make sure to include that, plus all the gory details such as exact location, time, and RSVP information. If you’re looking for an easy way to create, customize, and send Halloween party invitations, have a look at the Halloween invitation maker from Smilebox.
Attention Boys and Ghouls
You are Invited to Our
Spooktacular Halloween Party
It’s Halloween Time
We’re Having a Bash
Wear Your Best Costume
To Our Fun Monster Mash
We’ve got the Booze
You Bring the Boo’s
Join us For Some Haunting Spirits and Wicked Brews
Ghosts and Witches and Creatures of Fright
Don’t miss the Call of Halloween Night
Come One, Come All in the Threads of the Season
If You Miss This Bash, ‘Tis an Act of Treason.
A few clicks is all it takes to put some of the above Halloween card ideas into practice. The Halloween card maker from Smilebox offers spooky templates with varying layouts and themes just for this occasion. All you need to do is choose one of the Halloween card messages from our collection, and paste it onto the Smilebox card template of your choice. Click to add personal photos, customize the design, and you’re finished! We also provide options for sending by email, posting to social media, and printing.
Of course, if you’ve got the time, we invite you to experiment with various layouts, colors, text and music. Our super simple card maker will update your design with every change you make.
Want to see other Halloween-themed products? Check out our Halloween slideshow maker and our Halloween invitation maker. We’ve got ready-to-go products to suit your celebratory needs for every occasion!