THIS STATEMENT APPLIES TO PERION NETWORK LTD. AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES’ ("PERION") INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE POLICIES WITH RESPECT TO USE OF THE WEBSITE, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS. BY USING THE WEBSITE, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS, YOU CONSENT TO THE DATA PRACTICES AND INFORMATION COLLECTION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS STATEMENT. PERION IS COMMITTED TO PRESERVING THE PRIVACY OF OUR USERS. THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT EXPLAINS WHICH INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN, DO NOT USE THE SERVICES, WEBSITES, AND PRODUCTS MADE AVAILABLE BY PERION (collectively, the “PERION SERVICES” or the “SERVICES”).
THE SITE AND SERVICES
While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, we will take all reasonable steps to insure the safety of the Information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICES
Perion may collect Information when you interact with the Perion Services, depending on how you use the Perion Services, the Information, may include:
- Certain technical information gathered or received when you visit the Website or access/use the Perion Services including without limitation: the type of browser, operating system, ISP, location and Internet protocol (IP) address;
- Information made available by you in public areas within the Website and/or the Services;
- Registration-related information (such as name, home or work addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone and fax numbers, birth date or gender);
- Transaction-related information (such as credit card or other preferred means of payment, (that we maintain in encrypted form on industry secure servers), billing or shipping information, or a history of products purchased through the Perion Services;
- Information about your visits and use of the various Perion Services, offerings and advertisements that you view/use, how you use them, how frequently you use them, your responses to the offerings and advertisements presented on these Perion Services, and other related information regarding your usage of Perion Services;
- Information about mobile devices used to access Perion including UDID (Unique Device Identifier);
- In addition, many software versions provided by Perion ("Software") are configured to automatically report back information relating to computer errors arising in connection with use of the Software, without notice to you. Information on your Software configuration settings may be included. This data is sent to Perion to help us diagnose performance issues with, and improve, the Software.
Your Information is usually automatically collected and stored in log files of the Services' computer servers and may be supplemented with additional information from other companies.
OUR USE OF THE INFORMATION
Perion gathers Information in order to better understand how users, as a group, use the software and the various features thereof, as well as to help Perion tailor offerings to user groups with specific profiles, and to conduct market research. The parameters and the usage patterns may be used in the aggregate for commercial purposes, including without limitation, for marketing, co-registration to other services, promotional activities or any other activity, including, without limitation, the protection of Perion's proprietary and other rights all subject to the provisions herein. Perion will process the Information only for specific and limited purposes. We ask for and collect data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Perion will use the Information to provide Users with important information about the Services (such as upgrades, modifications, etc.), to announce new products and services available to Users and to send you marketing and advertising material subject to your consent. You can decline to submit personally identifiable information, in which case Perion may not be able to provide you with Services
Perion will only use personally identifiable information to create aggregate, non-personal reports about the Users of the Service, and to generate aggregate statistical studies and conduct research related to the Services and the use of the Website and provide Users with certain content that may be of interest to that User based on the Information. We use and store this data only on a collective basis, in summary form, rather than on an individual basis. This data helps us to determine how and the extent to which certain parts of our Website and the Services are used.
Except as expressly set forth herein and/or as necessary to perform the functions of the Service, Perion will not share, sell or lease any personally identifiable information about any User to any third party for any secondary purposes without that User's permission.
Perion only shares your personally identifiable information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing on our behalf.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
(b) enforce applicable agreements and/or their terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof,
(c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Perion, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets.
CHOICE; OPT OUT
Our Website provides Users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving certain communications from us. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please contact our customer service center in the following URL: http://www.incredimail.com/english/help/support.aspx
ACCESS TO INFORMATION; UPDATE
A User may review and update his personal information provided by him by accessing the Software settings. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information is kept accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our Users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary. Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify you, we will disclose to you the information we hold about you. We will also correct, amend or delete any personal information that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. You agree that Perion may retain (but shall have no obligation to retain) your data for a limited reasonable period after your use of or license to Perion Services has been terminated, expired, or otherwise lapsed, for the sole purpose of enabling you to renew your use of or license to the Services shortly thereafter, after such period the data shall be erased.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
OTHER WEB SITES; LINKS
The Services may contain links to other Web sites. Perion is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. Some of these offerings are provided by third parties who may provide you with additional information and choices about your privacy. If you choose to take advantage of these offerings, you should read the privacy policies of such third parties.
SOCIAL NETWORK SERVICES
If you are a child under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Services. Perion will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 18 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their personal information, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
CONSENT TO PROCESSING/INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY