Perfect Retirement Party Themes
- Retirement Luau – Say aloha to your newly-achieved leisure with a Hawaiian party! Get some tiki décor, Hawaiian shirts and music and tropical cocktails! Give each guest his/her own Lei and say Aloha to your golden years.
- Casino Night – Give all your friends a chance to blow away their 401K. Rent out a roulette table, a blackjack table, a couple of slot machines, have a full bar ready and some finger food. Enter retirement like a high roller.
- Golf themed Retirement Party – nothing says “retirement” more than golf. You can go all out and throw this party at your local golf club, or you can do it at home with golf-themed decorations, golf shaped food and deserts, golf party games and a lot of John Daly cocktails.
- Nautical Retirement Party – whether you plan on doing sport fishing, sailing or going on a cruise for your retirement, a nautical theme for your party is always a great idea. Decorate with life preservers, anchors, send out nautical-themed retirement party invitations and use the word Ahoy a lot.
- Bucket List Party – Don’t know what to do now that you’re retired? Gather all your friends and throw a bucket list party – have everyone pitch in with ideas – have fun and figure out what to do with the rest of your life too!
Perfect Retirement Party Songs:
- 9 to 5 – Dolly Parton
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
- Workin’ for a Living – Huey Lewis and the News
- Born to be Wild – Steppenwolf
- Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffet
- Good Times Roll – The Cars
- We’ve Only Just Begun – The Carpenters
- Celebration – Kool & the Gang
- Survivor – Destiny’s Child
- You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me – Cher
Perfect Retirement Party Games:
As the guests arrive, ask them to write down a memory that they have of you. Have them fold the index card and place it in the designated container. Before the party ends have each guess pick a card and take turns reading it off. You then try to guess who wrote the memory or you can use this as an opportunity to exchange memories.
You’ll need a whistle a decent attention span. Assign a person to be the whistleblower. This person will announce something that every guest must do when the whistle is blown. For example, when the whistle is blown everyone must sit down or they must take a drink of something. The last person to do it becomes the whistleblower. This continues for as long as you like or until everyone has been the whistleblower.
Switch It Up
Write the name of each guest on a card of its own. As your guests arrive you will hand them a card and they will have to assume the role of the person on the card. They have to keep it up until someone has guessed correctly at who they are supposed to be. When someone guesses correctly they get to return to their normal selves.
Have your guests separate into groups of three. Everyone will need to be ready to search their pockets, purses and wallets. When you begin the caller will say an item out loud. For example, a mirror, a license, a comb or a receipt will work. When something is named the groups of people will need to search for it and if they have it they have to bring it to the caller. The first to make it there wins that point. The team or person with the most points at the end wins the game.
Two Truths, One Lie
In this fun party game, players are three guests at the party are told to come up and tell a short story about the retiree. Only two stories are true and the other one is false. The other guests must try and decide who the liar is.
Whatever plans you have for your retirement party, you should start with sending out online invitations with Smilebox. Pick out the perfect design for your party, customize it to fit your own personal style, add photos, text and music -then share via email, text message or social media.