If you’re reading this article, it means you’re probably engaged. Congratulations! Now, what you must do is choose the best way to announce the special news. Announcing an engagement can be tricky. This is why we’ve made this article to inspire you. Here, you’ll find beautiful ideas to make the perfect announcement. We suggest that you take these ideas as inspiration and make them your own. Engagement announcements have to be personal, so give these great ideas your own twist.
Funny Ways to Announce Your Engagement
If you are a fun couple, and this is something you’d like to show in your announcement, then this section is for you.
Mini-Me Announcement – If you’re into Legos or another kind of toy, you can recreate your proposal with them in a picture. You can make the toys look like you and add funny objects that represent your personalities.
Low-key Announcement – An example of this idea could be a picture of you in a dress where you discretely show the engagement ring. Then, the caption should say: Does this dress make me look… ENGAGED? If you want to catch your loved ones off guard, then this is a great idea for you.
Facebook Engagement Announcement Ideas
If you’re going to post the good news on Facebook, be ready to get many love reactions with these ideas.
The Classic – Facebook has a feature we are all familiar with called the relationship status. It once was a feature for kids to show off their new boyfriend/girlfriend, but now you can use it to show off your engagement. Change your status to engaged, and you will immediately begin to receive congratulations and best wishes from your friends and family.
Profile Pic Engagement – You can announce your engagement by changing your profile pic to a photo of you and your fiancée together. You can make the picture as romantic as you’d like. It would be even better if you and your fiancée have different pictures that announce the engagement in a fun way. If you do this, be sure to show your rings so everyone gets the message.
Instagram Engagement Announcement Ideas
If Instagram is your go-to social media, then you should consider trying out one of these ideas.
Love Story – Instagram stories are a great way to announce an engagement because you can make them unique and personal. Instead of just uploading an image or video, tell a story through your Instagram stories. For example, you can show pictures and videos from the beginning of your relationship up to the proposal. This way you can share your whole journey and everything that led to this point.
All About the Caption – If you’re looking for a traditional announcement you can upload an image and write a big and personal caption. In the caption, you can tell your love story just the way you want. Make it as long and romantic as you want.
Engagement Announcement Quotes
If you’re not great with words or you just need some inspiration, this section is for you. In this section, you will find quotes from famous people as well as cute engagement captions for your post. Sometimes other people can say exactly what you feel with just the right words. Check out these quotes and include them in your caption to show everyone how much you love your fiancée.
Quotes from famous people:
- Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning. – Paulo Coelho
- I’ve crossed oceans of time to find you. – Bram Stoker
- When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible – Billy Crystal
- Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life. – Leo Buscaglia
- The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed. – Carl
- All that you are is all that I’ll ever need. – Ed Sheeran
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. – Aristotle
Love is friendship that has caught fire. – Ann Landers
- Everything I do, I do it for you. – Bryan Adams
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you. – Winnie the Pooh
- You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because the reality is finally better than your dreams. – Dr. Seuss
- I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once. – John Green
Engagement announcement wording ideas:
- My hand feels heavier today…I wonder why.
- I never want to stop making memories with you.
- No longer available. Taken for life.
- It started with a little crush, and now I have a ring on my finger.
- The easiest “Yes” I’ve ever said.
- Can’t wait to grow old together.
- The beginning of forever.
- Forever yours.
- I always knew you were my soulmate.
- Just got engaged to my happily ever after.
- We’ll be the cutest old couple ever.
- Will I ever stop smiling? Probably not.
Smilebox lets you create amazing announcements and share them through email or social media. You can easily make a stunning engagement announcement that will make your friends and family shed a tear. With Smilebox you can share the good news digitally with everyone you want in just four steps.
First, you choose an announcement template design. Then, you insert your photos. Next, you customize the design. Finally, you share the announcement. If you’re looking for a unique engagement announcement that you can easily customize, give Smilebox a try. And when the time comes, you can also announce the wedding with Smilebox here!