Veterans Day is a great opportunity to reach out to the brave men and women who served our country and tell them how much we appreciate what they did for us and our freedom. Here are some great ideas on what to write other than the well-worn “thank you for your service”.
Veterans Day Quotes
- “My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place.” — Sidney Sheldon
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” — Maya Angelou
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” -Joseph Campbell
- “This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “Never was so much owed by so many to so few” –Winston Churchill
Veterans Day thank you messages
- Thank you for bravely doing what you were called to do so we can safely do what we’re free to do
- Thank you for serving our nation, our debt can never be repaid.
- Thank you for defending our freedom
- God bless you and thank you for your bravery
- Thank you for your sacrifice, your bravery, and the example you set for us all.
- Happy Veterans Day to our veterans. We owe you a debt of gratitude, but more than that, we owe you our freedom.
- There’s no way to thank our veterans for everything they sacrifice for our freedom, but on Veterans Day, we have to at least try. So thank you.
- For your service, your bravery and your hard work, we thank you. Happy Veterans Day!
Thanking an Individual Veteran
- I am so proud to have a friend who served our country with honor. Thank you for your courage and sacrifice, Happy Veterans Day!
- Not only are you my mom/dad/sister/brother/friend but you are also my hero. Have a happy Veterans Day
- “It is on days like these that I realize what a wonderful man/woman you turned out to be. Thank you for your service son / another term of endearment. Happy Veterans Day! “
- I know you’re probably seeing lots of Happy Veterans Day messages, but I just wanted to thank you personally for serving our nation with honor and bravery.
- Happy Veterans Day to my favorite vet. I’m so proud of you for answering the call to defend our freedom.
- There is nothing I can say that can describe how amazed I am by your dedication. Thank you for your service. Happy Veterans Day.
- Dad/mom/bro/sis/dude, on this day, may you realize how loved and appreciated you are for your service. Happy Veterans Day
- May the flag wave boldly with its vibrant and glorious hues Honoring Veterans like you today with the beautiful red, white, and blue!
Thanking all Veterans
- To all those who have served, and those who continue to serve… Happy Veterans Day!
- To those in uniform serving today and to those who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day.
- To all who have put their lives on the line in defense of our nation, thank you.
- Let us never forget to pray for our veterans and their families. Let us never forget the sacrifices they have made for us. Have a very Happy and Proud Veteran’s day.
- Thank you for risking your life so that the others live a great life. Thank you for protecting the world and making it a better place. Happy Veterans Day.
- Veterans Day is a good time to remember that our freedom isn’t guaranteed. It’s protected by the men and women in our Armed Services. To those who secure our way of life… thank you!
- To all the veterans out there… we salute you! Thank you for your service and sacrifice!
You won’t believe how easy it is to create an online Veterans Day card! Choose a design you like, customize with your own photos, text and music – then share with your friends and family who served.