New Year’s Eve only comes once a year, and you can only pick one place to be when midnight strikes. Your friends will have a lot of choices of how to spend their evening, from a cozy night in with the kids to a splashy night out in town. How can you make your invitation stand out? We’ve got some ideas for the best New Year’s invitation wording that will catch the eye of your friends, family, and coworkers.
Casual New Year’s Eve invitation wording
Put your guests at ease and prepare them to have a great time with an approachable, casual style to your invitations. If you have a theme, particular snacks or beverages, party games, or anything else special planned, make sure to mention it.
- Ring in the New Year with [hosts]! Join us at our house for food, friends, and fun as we say goodbye to [year] and hello to [year].
- Come to Chez [Last Name] for a New Year’s hang!
- Let’s ring in the New Year with bites and bubbly!
- Happy New Year! Come dance the night away with us at [place].
- We’re having a New Year’s party, and you’re invited!
- Join [host names] for a casual New Year’s shindig.
- Come celebrate the New Year with good friends, good food, and good times!
- Raise a glass to [year]! Come to our house for snacks, dancing, and a champagne toast!
Formal New Year’s Eve party invitation wording
If you’re hosting a grand soiree, you want to make sure your guests know that it’s a fancy and formal occasion. In your invitation wording, play up the most elegant details of what you have planned to entice your guests. Will formal dress be required? Will you have high-end hors d’oeuvres and a champagne toast? Will the event be held in a beautiful hall or be sumptuously decorated? Let your guests know!
- We request the honor of your company at a grand New Year’s Eve soiree.
- You are cordially invited to a black-tie New Year’s Eve gala.
- Please join us for an elegant gathering to ring in the New Year.
- The pleasure of your company is requested to ring in the New Year in style at [place] with [hosts].
- Dance the night away at the fabulous [place] to ring in [year].
- Raise a glass: Join us for a grand New Year’s celebration.
- Join us for an exclusive New Year’s celebration with friends and family.
- Celebrate the New Year in style with an elegant gala at [place].
Funny New Year’s Eve invitation wording
Sometimes humor is the best hook to get people interested in your party. See if one of these lines inspires you!
- Good riddance, [Old Year]! [New Year] can’t come soon enough.
- Celebrate another year without a Zombie Apocalypse.
- It’s the New Year! Let’s all dance and get drunk!
- Resolutions are dumb. Champagne is tasty. Join us for a New Year’s party!
- Should auld acquaintance be forgotten? If you drink enough champagne, probably!
- Obligatory New Year’s Party: Join us for dancing and booze or whatever.
- Congratulations on surviving [Old Year]!
- Join us as we try to pretend [Old Year] never happened.