So you’ve got your Father’s Day card all picked out, that’s great – but what are you going to write inside? Here are some ideas on how to make you dad feel extra special this Father’s Day!
Zero in on Daddy’s Hobbies
Think about your dad. What are his passions or hobbies? Does he like golf? Or fishing? Or woodworking? maybe something less cliché? In any case consider writing something that has to do with that hobby of his. Here are some ideas:
- Dad, you’re a terrible golfer, but a wonderful father.
- Dear daddy, I always thought you were reel cool!
- Dear father, I wish you cared for your children as much as you care for your homebrewed beer.
Funny Father’s Day card greetings
Let’s face it, dads are funny. They can be clumsy, awkward, hilariously incompetent. Dads snore, burp and belch. This is just how they are. Why not use all that comedic potential in the card we give dad on Father’s Day? Skip the heartfelt and emotional – go with a joke. But make it personal and specific – not just a run of the mill pun. But if push comes to shove you can always use one of our personal favorites:
- Happy Farter’s Day!!!
- Dad, I donut know what I’d do without you.
- Look, you are my father
Father’s Day card messages from daughter
This is for those of you who consider themselves to be daddy’s little girl. The bond between a girl and her father is very special, and what better opportunity to celebrate and cherish it than Father’s Day. Write something heartfelt and substantial, personal and emotional. Even the toughest dad will not be able to hold back his tears of joy and pride.
We’re not going to give you specifics, as each relationship is a snowflake, simply pour your heart out. That’s do the trick.
Father’s Day card quotes
A good way to go is with a quote! Whether it’s a historical figure or a beloved celebrity – try to go with someone your father has a connection with. You can go with a more general quote about fatherhood, or something more specific that has to do with your relationship with your dad. Here are some great Father’s Day quotes:
- “When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.” Mark Twain
- “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.” Umberto Eco
- “Having children is like living in a frat house. Nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.” Ray Romano
Write a Father’s Day greeting with Smilebox!
Just pick a Father’s Day eCard out of the huge selection in the catalogue, customize it and add your personal message into the design. It’s easy, fun and sure to impress dad.
There are many ways to go as far as writing a Father’s Day greeting. But the most important message is just 4 little words:
I love you, dad.