Going out for a date on Valentines Day can be romantic and special but can also be a little intimidating. Depending on whom you are taking out, a boyfriend, a wife or someone you just started dating the date needs to be tailored just right.
Every year my husband and I try to do something special because we know how important it is to take that time and just enjoy each other. For us valentines day is extra special because we also had our first date just before valentines day, so it definitely reminds us of the time when we just met. The truth is it really doesn’t matter what you do with the one you love as long as you spend it together, but if you need some inspiration for that perfect date below are some ideas to get those love juices flowing.
- The obvious choice is going for a romantic dinner. This will give you time to connect and have that quite conversation you’ve been craving. Don’t forget to book well in advance as restaurants fill up fast on Valentines Day.
- Take a cooking class together. Be it a chocolate workshop or just a regular cooking class, it can be a super sexy experience.
Hit the dance floor! When was the last time you went dancing? Let alone with the one you love? Go somewhere you can both enjoy the music and get close.
- Go to the theater…but not just any theater experience will do on Valentine’s Day. Check your local listings for a burlesque show, this should really heat things up when you get home as you can practice the moves you just saw.
- Stay in and have a games night. Of course you won’t be playing scrabble… think ‘truth or dare’ and other intimate games.
- Order in…the CHEF! When was the last time you had someone make dinner for you in your own house? There are many chefs who will come to your home and make a special romantic dinner for both of you so you don’t have to lift a finger.
- If you want to go all out and have a Valentine’s day to remember, find a babysitter and surprise your date with a fancy hotel room. This will guarantee a memorable night.
Of course after your special night together send your loved one a special slide show like this one, telling them how much fun you had!
What are your plans for this Valentine’s Day?