Let’s be real here for a minute about Valentine’s Day…for most couples, after a few years of being together it’s not hard to ‘forget’ or seriously tone down Valentine’s Day.
I remember when my husband and I first started dating, Valentine’s Day was a big deal. It was all about the cards, the flowers and probably a night out on the town. But after two kids, jobs and all the responsibilities Valentines Day somehow gets forgotten.
A lot of people will say that Valentine’s Day is just a marketing ploy to get you to spend more money on unnecessary things. But I will argue that Valentines Day is not just about buying things for the one you love, it is also a reminder to focus on the love you have for each other. After a few years of marriage, I am a huge advocate for keeping that flame alive. But let’s face it, we don’t always have the time to make elaborate plans and finding a babysitter can be difficult, or even the money can be tight after the holidays to buy expensive gifts. So what are we to do? If you want to surprise the person you love this valentine’s day with something delicious and easy, follow the recipe bellow and I guarantee you will make them feel very special.
This tasty parfait incorporate’s some very sexy ingredients such as whipped cream, chocolate, and strawberries!
What’s great about this valentine’s parfait is that you can change it up as you wish. If you have raspberries instead of strawberries in the fridge then you can just substitute. If you want to use Cool Whip instead of heavy cream to save time, you can do that as well. You can even substitute the digestive cookies with Oreos or any cookie of your choice.
3 cups Heavy Cream
Box of Strawberries
8 Digestive cookies
¼ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup sugar
1. In a blender add the heavy cream and start mixing on medium speed. Slowly add the sugar and cocoa powder until well mixed and soft peaks form.
2. Wash and remove the green stem from the strawberries and cut into medium pieces.
3. Place digestive cookies into a bag and with a rolling pin crush cookies until soft crumbs form.
4. In a clear tall cup of your choice layer the chocolate and whipped cream, add the cookie crumbs and strawberries. Keep layering until you reach the top of the cup. (The very last layer should be the strawberries)
5. Drizzle the chocolate syrup on top of the strawberries for garnish.
6. You can also add some mint leaves for a pop of colour.
This can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you are ready to present. Enjoy!